Weather Related Issues (2019) Game Cancellation and Rescheduling
Weather Related Cancellations or Game Day Cancellations by Community Ed:
- Monitor Community Ed Hotline (651-407-2020) for updates. If Community Ed cancels games/practices due to weather they will do so by 3:00 and at that point ALL home games & practices for that date will be cancelled. Email will be sent out from Mahtomedi Youth Baseball to all association members. Umpires will be notified by the association. All Travel, 4th/5th, 6th/7th and 8/9thth Grade Coaches must notify visiting coaches.
- If Community Ed does not cancel all games and practices, then it becomes the Mahtomedi coach’s decision after 3pm to cancel the game and notify ProAm Umpires. This applies to all Travel, and Inhouse ,4th/5th, 6th/7th and 8/9thth Grade Coaches.
- Please text Taylor (651) 968-7179 and Jordan (651) 968-7178 or call one of them to inform them of game day cancellations to make sure the Umpire does not show up unnecessarily.
- Tell them you are from Mahtomedi and provide: Home and away team names, Field site, date, time and age level
Cancellation of Any Home Game at Any Time by Coach (Excludes Community Ed Cancellations):
Cancellation: Umpire Communication - Less than 2 days notice:
- Please text Taylor (651) 968-7179 and Jordan (651) 968-7178 or call one of them to inform them of game day/next day cancellations to make sure the Umpire does not show up unnecessarily.
- Tell them you are from Mahtomedi and provide: Home and away team names, Field site, date, time, age level and Game ID from Arbiter
Cancellation: Umpire Communication - More than 2 days notice
Should a coach need to cancel a game with more than 2 days notice, even if it is to be rescheduled later:
- `Please send email to
, so we can let the umpire know in plenty of time.
- Tell them you are from Mahtomedi and provide: Home and away team names, Field site, date, time and age level, and Game ID from Arbiter
Rescheduling of Home Games:
Step 1 - Home coach obtains dates both teams are available.
Step 2 - Home coach looks online at the Mahtomedi web site for field availability. The coach should look for future practice slots as a first choice.
If a slot cannot be found, send to email to field scheduler (
) for assistance
Once a field slot is identified, Email Pro-Am (
) the following:
- Game number – It will be on your schedule on the Arbiter
- New Game night and time
- New Game field
Please email Pro-Am (
) this information as soon as possible and give them at least 3 days prior notice to insure we can find you a qualified umpire.
Step 4 - Enter the re-scheduled game onto the Mahtomedi Web site schedule as a confirmation that the game is scheduled and an umpire is assigned. If the reschedule is for a game less than a week away, also send an email to the field scheduler (JoeMolitor@Comcast.net) to schedule field preparation.
Step 5 - Coaches are responsible for notifying opposing coaches and updating Gopher State, MBL, VAA and Maplewood web sites.
Field Scheduler Contact Information:
Cell Phone: 612-221-6108
Umpire in Chief (UIC) Contact Information:
Barry Schalkle – Umpire in Chief
Cell Phone: 651-222-3399.
Jordan Voit - Assistant Umpire in Chief
Cell Phone: (651) 968-7178
Cell Phone: (651) 968-7179
. (This goes to Barry, Jordan and Taylor)